Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New and improved Daily "Green Monster" Smoothie

About two years ago I posted my Daily Smoothie Recipe. Since then I have made some edits and changed it up a little bit, both for taste and for the health benefits of various ingredients.

The Base Smoothie:
  • Raw Cacao Powder (natural caffeine great if you don't like coffee and don't want to drink pop)
  • Low Fat or Greek Vanilla Yogurt  (Sometimes I use Activia for added probiotics)
  • Vanilla Almond Milk (I avoid soy milk, it can cause higher estrogen in women and men)
  • Rainbow Chard/ Baby Spinach (Both and great for you and have little taste, I prefer the chard)
  • Ground Flaxseed
  • Cinnamon (Read about the health benefits of cinnamon)
  • Frozen Banana (The riper the better, peel them before you freeze them! See my buying/freezing bananas post)
  • Frozen Blueberries (cranberries, acai berries, etc.) - for antioxidants
  • Protein Powder (again no soy)
  • Honey (Read about the health benefits of honey)
  • Vanilla
Optional Ingredients:
  • Frozen Apple Slices and Cinnamon (Read my post on why apples are awesome)
  • Apples and Peanutbutter
  • Peanutbutter and Cinnamon
  • Anything you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment