Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Favorite Discoveries of 2013

So every year we uncover a few more things we never knew existed, or never knew we could enjoy here are a few of the revelations, products, and places I discovered in 2013 that I am particularly glad I found. So in no particular order...

  • Downtown Detroit  - Call me crazy but it is a beautiful city! I now there are many problems for the city but it is truely an architectual marvel and an amazing city.
  • Cumin - Don't get me wrong I knew it existed but had before 2013, but didn't start to really explore it's uses and enjoy it until last year!
  • Garlic - Another one that I clearly knew existed but never truely loved until this past year, now I use it, a lot, and I love it. 
  • I am a hell of a lot stronger than I have ever given myself credit for- 2013 was a rough year, I mean rough. Health problems, relationships ending, living paycheck to paycheck, it's been rough. I found the strength to leave an awful relationship, and I maintain leaving someone is much harder than being left. I had surgery, got glasses, and dealt with some personal medical problems I'd rather not share. Though I love, I mean love my job(s) money has been tight, I have learned to budget and make things work, and after a long search on New Years Eve I got offered my first "adult" job!
  • My fitbit - This little invention has been amazing, it is like a pedometer on steroids and it syncs with my phone. It counts my steps, water intake, and calorie intake. I only use it for water and steps because the calorie counting isn't the best way for me, but it is great!
  • Ground Turkey- So much better for you than ground beef and it tastes the same!
  • Crock Pot Meals - Enough said.
  • Mom usually does know best - As much as I have fought this and hate to admit this, my mother generally does know what she's talking about. She knows me better than anyone and generally gives pretty good advice. 
  • I am a grown up - This one surprised the hell out of me. A quarter of my life is over it's time to start really doing something with my life.
I'm sure there are more, and maybe I'll do round two as I think of more things, but this is all I have for now. I am noticing most are food related, not surprising I do love food! I'd be interested to hear what you all have discovered in 2013, and what those things mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment