Thursday, October 11, 2012

Yummy Healthy Knock off "Chewy Bars"

So I am in love with this granola bar recipe I found (and changed significantly) on another blog! Though I have not quite found an exact mixture that sticks together, for now my Chewy bars are more like Chewy Bites. So here's the basic recipe feel free to add different yummy ingredients to flavor or enhance your bars!!

Chewy Granola "Bars"
  • 4.5 cups of Rolled Oats
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla 
  • 2/3 cup Melted Butter (can also substitute coconut oil, bars come out crunchier)
  • 1/2 cup Honey 
  • 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Shredded Coconut (I use the sweetened kind, next time I'm going to try the unsweetened)
  • 1/2 cup - Cup of mini chocolate chips or other fresh fruit spices etc. (I think I'm going to try apple cinnamon next!)
  • I also add a few healthy pinches of ground flaxseed, it's good for you and you can't even tell it's there! 
Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22min. and there you go, cheap and easy granola your family will love! I have to make a batch every few days for two of us! We just love it! It's amazing warm too, would make a great dessert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment