Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lemon Juice & Baking Soda Face Mask

Best Blackhead Face Mask

Equal parts baking soda and lemon juice. This is great for summer! If you have blackheads and giant pores (like me!) you will want to try this!

Let the baking soda and lemon juice mask sit on your face for 20 min. it will burn a little so make sure you are occupied not just sitting thinking about it, also try not to talk a lot your baking soda will flake off! Especially if you have sensitive skin only do this once or twice a week! The baking soda pulls out the dirt and gross things in your skin and the lemon juice tightens your pores, my face was almost glowing when I was done!

 
(I found this recipe from Beauty Bet's amazing Blog)

9 comments:

  1. Does this whiten your skin as well ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, I don't think "whiter" but definitely clearer, right afterwards my skin was a little red, it does burn a bit, but I'm not sure about whiter as I am pretty white already, not sure I could get much more pale! I think if you scrubbed it in it may, especially if you have used self tanner, but again I'm not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okok thank you :) I have huge pores, I'm trying this recipe today (well I just did it) and this hasn't made my skin red which is probably a good thing lolol ! I'll do it 2-3 times a week to see if my pores get smaller and if my redness goes away as well :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how it goes for you! Make sure you leave the mask on the full 20 minutes - It will "burn" a little (not too bad) I usually just watch TV or something and set an alarm so I don't forget it and do the Yogurt Hair Mask at the same time before the shower.

    Should shrink your pores - depending on your skin make sure you don't do it too often that it makes your skin red!

    Keep me updated and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. does this also help with dark spots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It worked for me on my spots! Everyone's skin is a little different but I noticed a big difference in the size of my pores, less pimples, and my skin was more even (less spots). I would try it out, it definitely won't make it worse! Your skin may be a little red right after, that is normal and it goes away. It just gives my skin a healthy glow. Let me know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I happen to have both baking soda and lemon juice :) It must be destiny, gotta try this and hopefully it will work for me too. Thanks for sharing, the ingredients are so simple, I can't mess it up… I think thats the best part. Have a great day!

    perfectly Imperfekt Maya D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you rinse it off after the 20 mins??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying it now. I'm in 5 minutes and it burns really bad!! Its also starting to dry. Can't wait to see if it works!

    ReplyDelete