Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cinnamon & Honey Miracle Tea

So I can't tell you how much I LOVE Pintrest. I am always finding so many things that greatly impact my life. I am a nanny and work at a school, the kids would have no activities from me without Pintrest, but even more than how it has helped my job, I find the best healthy recipes and tips!

I am admittedly a picky eater so I am always on the lookout for ways to boost my metabolism, fight the flu (I work with kids! Love them but they are little balls of germs!), and maintain an overall healthy lifestyle! I found this wonderful recipe for Cinnamon Honey Tea (I added the "Miracle" part because it is!) the other day from Suzy Homefaker, and have started drinking it daily.
  • I have not gotten the flu even though I felt it coming on more than once!
  • I have more energy
  • I feel happier
  • I am losing weight (I am doing more for this as well but it helps!)
Suzy Homefaker has provided a very useful and informative breakdown of the benefits of honey and cinnamon. Read her full post but here is the list of things this wonderful combination helps to treat/prevent:
  • Heart Disease
  • Arthritis
  • Bladder Infections
  • High Cholesterol
  • Colds
  • Upset Stomach
  • Gas
  • Pumps up your immune system
  • Indigestion
  • Longevity (can help you live a longer better quality life!)
  • Raspy/Sore throat
  • Pimples
  • Skin infections
  • Weight Loss
  • Cancer
  • Fatigue
  • Bad Breath
  • Hearing Loss
Again read Suzy Homefaker's complete list of how all these things are helped my cinnamon and honey, she is goes into detail for some other cinnamon & honey concoctions that help each ailment! 

Also if you have a sweet tooth and need a little snack before bed try cinnamon and honey on some toast! Delicious!

Instructions:

  • Boil Water first ( Do not add cinnamon and honey until water is already hot if you are using a microwave! The microwave kills all the wonderful enzymes that make the tea so wonderfully healthy!)
  • Add 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
  • Add 1-2 Tbsp. Honey
  • The enjoy! So simple, So healthy, So Delicious!

*Update*

I am more in love with this tea than ever. It's spring, and I have NO ALLERGIES, I haven't even had the sniffles, which is a big deal for me! This delicious tea can seriously change your health. It's so easy, what have you go to lose? Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment